Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wow! supertough peonies!

Posted by patskywriter z7 NC (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 08 at 2:06

four years ago i bought 4 peony roots and gleefully planted them around my yard. they poked out of the ground about an inch the first year. the second year i clumsily maimed 3 out of 4 with my weedwacker and gave them up for dead. the third year, last year, they suffered through the drought and barely stuck their heads out of the soil. this year, they're big and all sporting BEAUTIFUL PINK FLOWERS!!! i'm thrilled to pieces!

pat
durham NC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wow! supertough peonies!

Cooool!!! That is so awesome, especially since it's so easy to get no blooms due to improper planting depth. When do we get to see pics?

o

i just ran out and took pictures. now, who can tell me how to post them? (i just got a digital camera) :)

pat
durham NC

o

Ours is doing the same thing. They are basically touching the ground though with all this rain. Such a difference a year makes huh! We have about 8 blooms on 1 plant!

o

Pat, go to photobucket and create yourself a new (free) account. Follow the steps to up load the pictures to their site (I think medium size is best - there is a place to tell it what size to reduce to). Once they are there, you'll see a list under each photo of various Codes. Completely copy the HTML Code, then paste into your garden web message box. When you are ready to preview your garden web message, you'll see the photos.
It's probably better if you put the photos in a new photo thread.
Sandi

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here