Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aezarien

Unhappy Leopard's Bane

aezarien
15 years ago

We just put in a new raised bed and everything seems to be very happy except for the Leopard's Bane. The hole it's in is comprised of an eight in layer of topsoil, eight inches of mushroom compost topsoil, and about two to three inches of mulch. The roots were roughed up a little before planting, it was watered in well, and was watered deeply once or twice a week depending on the weather. I haven't fertilized anything in that bed I don't think and if I did, it would have been Miracle Grow liquid fertilizer. I had a few I was trying to get rid of from last season. It is situated in a shade bed where it gets a few hours of morning sun.

Anyway, it wilted slightly after being transplanted and slowly declined and died back. I have two more that I can replace it with but I don't want to put them there if either the plant will come back or if the new plantings are going to die too. Everything else seems to love the spot. It is just this one plant that is taking issue with it.

Everything I have read has said that this is a very easy to grow plant that doesn't need too much attention so no specific problems to speak of. Any ideas on what happened would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (8)