Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynnencfan

Scored at Lowes yesterday

lynnencfan
15 years ago

and went back to get more - Lowes had an 'oooopppssss' in watering and had a whole cart of clematis marked down 75% ($1.50 4"pot) because of lack of watering. Only the outside ones were in bad shape all the inside plants on the cart were fine. We picked up 7 yesterday and hubby went back again today and got 11 more so we are going to be clematis heaven here. I LOVE a good plant bargain. Here are some of the plants - gave my sister some yesterday to take home

{{gwi:573585}}

Comments (12)

• tamelask
    15 years ago

Which lowe's, lynn?

• solaknc
    15 years ago

Tam, it was the Lowe's in Smithfield.

• tamelask
    15 years ago

bummer. Oh well. Glad you racked up!

• Claire Pickett
    15 years ago

I've been working for a plant merchandiser at the Sanford Lowes. I get plants dirt cheap on a daily basis. Customers of the Raleigh stores have told me the same. I guess if you are a gardener and passing by a Lowes, just stop in and ask where the clearance area is.

Years back I got 3 knockout tree roses for 9.99 each at the end of the season. They are gorgeous. I've seen knockout standard like these for about $80.00.

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

When I lived up in Delaware I worked at Franks Nursery and Crafts and got all my plants at deep discounts. They didn't want us to take the time to clean up plants which was all alot of them needed - they would rather put them on clearance. I had beautiful gardens, window boxes, ect for pennies on the $$. I am always hunting up the clearance tables at any nursery I go into.....

Lynne

• tamelask
    15 years ago

mmm- me too. I always ck the lowe's in garner when i get in, which isn't often. They usually have something good on sale. I even got daphne odoras one year- snagged 3 or 4 for friends while i was at it. They were like 5 or 10 bucks and 5 gallon sized plants. HD is more convenient for me but they rarely put stuff on clearance and don't have a regular area to ck. When i get to Logan's that is the first place i ck. They keep moving the area around though, so i always have to ask. I have to say though, nobody marks down like Cambpbell road does. I really don't know how they do it and stay in business but i'm glad they do. I wish i lived closer, but i guess that's a good thing in a way!! We won't be on vaca like normal for the big tropical sale in august this year so i expect to rack up. BB's is no slouch for sales either but they're so far i get what i can when i'm there, not go just for sales.

• bobbya10
    15 years ago

I usually visit Lowes at least a couple of times a week.Always distressed (thats what the sign says)plants to be had.

• nannerbelle
    15 years ago

I scored big time there today!! I hit the one in Camden SC, the manager of the Garden center was there, I asked if she had any clearance plants. She said they were clearing out summer stock for inventory and literally followed me around with a sharpie marking down the plants. I left with a pickup full of plants!! LOL all I went in for was a bag of Annual Winter Rye seed. I came home with 2 new palms about 4 ft tall, a Bird of Paradise about 4 to 5 ft tall, Brugs, Sweedish Ivy, a few mums at regular price but still a bargain, some succulents for in the house, a nice peach hibiscus, and several others I need to look up and research just because I liked them. I also picked up 2 bags of MG potting soil and some cactus soil. I left the store for $80! I had 3 carts full of plants! The only thing I couldn't talk her out of was a nice medium sized Sago Palm that was putting out a new flush. And I made a great connection in the process, she was an very nice lady as well as very knowledgeable about plants and an avid gardner! What a wonderful shopping trip!! I'll be going back to this Lowes on a regular basis from now on! :-)

• token28001
    15 years ago

I got a Pink Poppet Weigela for $5. Three gallon. most of my perennials were clearance. Some stores even sell mulch and soil for half price if the bag is ripped. However, they collect them and place them in a certain area. Bringing a busted bag to the front that hasn't been marked won't get you a discount.

Right now, the Carolina Lowes stores should be getting rid of their deciduous shrubs, summer perennials, and flowering trees. Ours is getting in lots of shrubs and a new crop of azaleas.

• lindakimy
    15 years ago

Nannerbelle, you evidently cleaned them out! I went over there on my lunch hour today and there is practically nothing left!!

• nannerbelle
    15 years ago

LOL lindakimy, It really was quite funny!! There was a pretty long line behind me, and a gentleman behind me in line stopped the manager and asked about the price on the Mona Lavender Sweedish Ivy. She told him $1 each, and he had them add six of them on his purchase. At the reductions she was marking, I'd be doubtful anything would be left. I know I grabbed quite a few nice finds!! :-)

• rootdiggernc
    15 years ago

Wow! Nice score. I have been soooo good this year and behaved, but cooler days are coming, and hopefully rain so I'm feeling restless, lol!

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery