Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
May flowers in my garden

Posted by trianglejohn z7b NC (johnbuettner@hotmail.com) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 15:59

Here's a few shots I took today of a couple of the blooms in my garden. GW will only let me attach one photo per message so I'll break these up into four posts.

This orange poppy looking thing is a new plant for me. I got it at Plant Delights last year. I have two of them - Glaucium grandiflorum (Grand-flowered Horned Poppy). One is two toned and the other is solid pale saffron orange. Winter hardy.Stunning in bloom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: May flowers in my garden

John,
Beautiful pic! I wish I had a camera like yours.

o

Beautiful!

Here is a link that might be useful: Arthur in the Garden!

o

So beautiful!

o

• Posted by lois PA Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Sat, May 18, 13 at 17:32

Beautiful flower and great picture. :o)

o

Butterfly4u - I do not have a fancy camera (surprise!). It is just a simple cheap Kodak SureShot. I have never mastered all the settings so I take multiple shots using different settings and hope that one of them is in focus. It is kinda like my philosophy about growing plants from seeds - sow a thousand seeds, one of them has got to sprout.

o

John,
Beauftiful flower and great picture. Is it a perennial or annual?

o

Hey John,

If possible, can I get some of the poppy seeds from you?
Judy

o

Judy, it's supposed to be perennial but my two plants have gone downhill since this spring when I took the photo. They seem to be rotting at the base, I don't know if that means the roots are also rotted. I'm hoping at least some seeds have survived. I can gather some pods and mail them to you or give them to you at the next swap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here