Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Epi - Three Oranges

Posted by aezarien 7b (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 16:31

The flower is bigger than the pot the plant is in lol..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Epi - Three Oranges

That's Beautiful!!!!!!

o

gorgeous!

o

All of mine are starting to open up. I don't think I have this color tho.

o

I lost all my epis this winter when my heater wasn't working and the temps went down to 17 degrees..sigh. So of course I went out of control at Logee's and got five new ones, two of them being the night blooming variety and one of them being from an epi grown by Mark Twain, isn't that cool.

...and TJ I have a bone to pick with you. I was making a mental list in my head of all the new and interesting things to tempt you with the other day only to find you had snuck out to avoid the torture ha.

o

tee hee hee - I did fill three wagons so I found plenty without your help! I meant to go inside and bug you when I first got there but got distracted when I found those yummy Cistus up near the roses. John F. even stopped watering to help me look up the color since they weren't in bloom. I have the perfect spot for them and may be back for one more (yeah, you know how that goes).

I much prefer the hybrid epiphyllums because the blooms last for almost a week and they stay open during the daytime (I'm asleep once the sun goes down) - but I may have to bend that rule for a Mark Twain great great grandchild. There are all sorts of fruit trees I want from Logees... I feel a mail order coming on.

o

John - If you would like a cutting, I would be more than happy to send you one. My trade list isn't up to date really but I do believe I still have all varieties of the Epis. If that is your cup of tea, I would be more than happy to send cuttings of whatever variety you would like.

o

I would love any colors I don't already have. Before you go to slicing and dicing let me coax some blooms out of the last of mine to bloom so I can see what I have and I also need to solve a scale insect infestation on some of them before I bring anything new into that area.

Keep me in mind.

o

Certainly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here