Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deirdre_2007

The one that got away

deirdre_2007
15 years ago

I am soooooo frustrated. I was at Home Depot today in Garner. I was looking to buy neem oil, hoping to ward off those JB this year. Anyways, I passed by a cart, one of the open trollies that you can cart huge big trees, and loads of mulch etc, and I noticed that it was full of plants. The sign on the cart said "all for $11.97". I stopped and looked again. There had to have been at least 15 1 quart May Night Salvias on it, as well as approximately 8-9 Geraniums (pink and red) and about 3 or 4 3 Gallon Red Azaleas. All of the Salvias looked in great condition. Some of the Geraniums had seen better days and although they weren't in bloom, of course, the azaleas looked pretty good too. So why am I sooooooooo mad???

I'm mad at myself because I didn't buy them. My husband has me under strict orders not to buy any more plants until I plant all the ones that I already have. He's correct of course, because I've been out every day and I still have all of my annual seedlings to plant and about a dozen tiger lillies that need to be put in the ground. Not too mention that I have at least 20 huge liriopes that need to be divided and transplanted, so that equals around 60 plants that need to be planted. So he's right. BUT, everywhere I look, I say to myself, gee wouldn't that Salvia look great there?????

Oh well, I would have had to water all of those plants and I'm killing myself trying to water what I have already, so I guess it's for the best. But oh my. A few weeks later and I wouldv'e scored the motherload.

Comments (3)