Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aezarien

Want Mint?

aezarien
15 years ago

The previous owners used a mint border in a huge mini-sunflower bed and it took off. To make matters worse I did something extremely stupid and mowed over it (not wanting to run into any venomous critters while pulling larger weeds) and now it has completely taken over the flower bed. Not wanting to kill these very large and very healthy plants... if you live in the area and you want some mint you are more than welcome to come and get it if you want it. I'll even be happy to dig it up. Just bring your own pots!

{{gwi:574657}}

WARNING: As you can see in the photo above it is invasive and it will take over large areas very quickly. It either needs a bed of its own, to be planted in a bottomless pot (and a fairly deep one too. I planted one in the ground last year in my herb garden and it only spread slightly but it still spread), or left in a container.

If you are looking for something fragrant to add to your garden however, this stuff is wonderful. You barely brush up against it and a spearmint scent fills the air.

Anyway.. you want it, let me know and I'll set up a time where you can drop by and get it.