Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dyhgarden

Back from France with lots of flower photos

DYH
15 years ago

We were in France May 1-10 and I came back with a lot of flower photos that I've put in my blog...a lot of large photos, so it may be very slow to load.

We had a truly wonderful time there, but it's great to be back to my home and garden.

Enjoy!

Cameron

{{gwi:574659}}

Here is a link that might be useful: flower photos from France

Comments (9)

• transplanted2scin07
    15 years ago

Wow, wow, and wow! Cameron, those are some truly wonderful photos! I thought I was going to have to get my sunglasses out to view them.
    What kind of digital do you take your photos with?

• zigzag
    15 years ago

Gorgeous, Cameron ! - thanks for posting and for your blog.

• DYH
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I use a little Canon Elph PowerShot SD800 IS. I love that tiny little camera. It is the size of a cell phone and easy to operate. I use the manual setting or the "scene" setting more than the automatic setting. On the scene setting, I used the "beach" function due to the bright sunlight along the coast. I use the "foliage" function when photographing flowers up close. The camera has a pretty good little zoom and macro focus, too.

Glad the photos are fun. I'm still in time-zone adjustment and was awake at 4:00am and finally got up at 5:00am this morning!

• transplanted2scin07
    15 years ago

Geeze, I'll bet if I bothered to take the time with my Canon digital, I might discover some buttons that do those things. I did manage to discover how to take short, soundless video with it, which turned out pretty funny. It was like watching old home movies!

• jqpublic
    15 years ago

Every time i try to look at the pics it says there is a problem loading the website????

• amyflora
    15 years ago

AAAH! I am drooling!! And my daughter (age 4), who has an imaginary pink house in Africa, was thrilled to see she has another one in the south of France. Oh my gosh, I am just, I can't find the words! I will be celebrating my 40th birthday in Paris next April, and now it looks like we will need to travel on down south. Thank you for the inspiration!! Gotta go back and look at your pics again!

• carla17
    15 years ago

Glorious photos. Thank you for sharing.

Carla

• DYH
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jqpublic -- the blog contains a lot of photos, so you're probably getting a time-out on your connection. I have a high-speed, so mine loads in a couple of seconds. Sorry that you're having this difficulty.

Amy -- it's an easy train (TGV) ride down to Nice. In April, some smaller places along the Riviera will not have reopened from the winter. However, Nice should be fine. From Nice, you can easily take a bus to other coastal villages for 1 Euro per person each way. There is a day pass for 4Euros that allows you to travel all day long in Nice or it's suburbs (Villefrance, Beaulieu, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat). The buses are modern, clean and luxurious. They can get crowded on Friday afternoons.

If you want to go up into the hills to the perched villages, you'd need a rental car. There are car rentals at the train station in Nice.

The Slow Travel Forum is a great place to chat/get info about travel.

Cameron

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    15 years ago

I really enjoyed your photos! Thanks!