Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikesc_gw

Anyone Else Here from Myrtle Beach?

mikesc
15 years ago

Or Horry/Georgetown counties? Or Brunswick county?

Mike in Myrtle Beach

Comments (9)

• joyce24
    15 years ago

We just moved here last fall - and have been busy putting in our gardens here. We're crossing our fingers that we can keep things alive during the heat of the summer.

• paulacat
    15 years ago

Hi MIke,

I'm in Murrells Inlet, just down the road.

Whatcha growing?

• mikesc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Glad to see that there are a couple more at least!

I have numerous Tall Bearded irises, but I have very great limitations on space and so until I move (which is hopefully soon), I will have lots for trade. Since I hope to move in the fall, I am hoping to find some folks locally who might be interested. I also have daylilies which look to be growing well enough to divide soon.

I'm seeking a BIG yard, and it will be a first for me...

I'm still interested in trading even if I don't get to move too soon. Let me know if you guys would like any photos. I'm at matbeach1@aol.com

Mike

• felus
    15 years ago

I'm in Myrtle Beach / Conway / trying to grow all kind of vegetables with mixed results. Gardening in South Carolina is different and very specific to this area. I would like to learn more.
    Fel

• renee1958
    15 years ago

Im a western Horry County native. I love to be in my yard. I have Hosta, Day Lillies, Lantana, Ivy, and lots of containers. The heat and humidity can be a challenge to say the least. I only recently visited this forum for the first time. Good to hear from others in the area. Renee

• kneel
    15 years ago

I am in North Myrtle Beach. Love to grow roses and bananas, along with lots of other plants.
    Great to know there are others around the beach checking in on the Garden Web.

• warrenff5
    15 years ago

I just discovered this thread, but I am in Myrtle Beach, in Socastee.

I grow cukes, tomatoes, squashes, beans, and peppers with success, also some flowers.
    I know many people that grow bananas so, I may try next year...

I always get my info from the Clemson home & garden extension, and they have wonderful info about what cultivars are successfully grown here.

Nice to hear from people in my neck of the woods. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Clemson HGIC

• swompgrl
    14 years ago

i'm in brunswick county, but the northern part. having some issues replacing my original foundation plantings at the present time. any suggestions for the "swomp"?

• hairco
    14 years ago

Hi i am a horry county girl by birth and live on 15 arce and i have still alot of yard work to do.Built in 1998 and
    still trying to design beds.Have lot of daylillys and sone iries.I have a salon in Conway and i work 5 days and it is hard but i love the outside.My DH has a real big veg garden
    and plants beans corn tomatoes orka you name it he plants it.If anyone has any plants you wont to get rid of let me know.Glade to see you all in Horry don't you just love the sand in your toes.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus