Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
good all-purpose green bell pepper

Posted by thomis 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 2, 10 at 18:28

I've grown a lot of different kinds of peppers lately but I never seem to have very good luck with an all-purpose green bell pepper. What is your favorite variety for all purpose? I'm in central NC if that makes a difference.

I found a variety yesterday at the farmer's market but it is new and the guy selling them didn't know much about it. I got two. Its called ACE pepper. I googled it and found some general info but I'm looking for folks with some first hand experience growing it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: good all-purpose green bell pepper

I live in the Piedmont and don't have any experience with the Ace Green pepper, but we have experimented with several types over the years and find Giant Marconi and Camelot work best for us. Camelot is more of your traditional shaped pepper. Marconi is long and pointed. If left alone, it will turn brown to red. Both are sweet and productive. We typically plant at least 4 of each and freeze diced ones for use in the winter (do not blanch!!). The California Wonder you find most everywhere did not do as well for us.

o
RE: good all-purpose green bell pepper

Tried a lot of times to grow a sweet pepper and have no problems w/hot peppers, but couldn't grow a sweet pepper at all until we tried the Keystone Bell! It was very prolific and no disease problems. Even over wintered it one year for a 2nd season the next year and it did great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here