Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Regional Farm Tours

Posted by zigzag 7b - Triangle, NC (My Page) on
Sat, May 16, 09 at 19:33

Today was the Franklin County Farm Tour and it was really great! It is so nice to see agriculture at work in our area, to stroll the farms w/lots of guidance and see where/how many of the area farmer's market stalls originate.

Came home w/some fresh grown veggies and a few pounds of Angus beef - should have taken more cash with me! The weather cooperated (for the most part, a couple of showers chased us around and kept the heat at bay)- it was a wonderful day. :o)

Am looking forward to the NC Eastern Farm Tour in the fall - that was my first Tour back in '07 and now I'm getting my groove on how to best view and utilize the hospitality of the farm owners. We are so lucky to have them!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Regional Farm Tours

• Posted by zigzag 7b - Triangle, NC (My Page) on
    Tue, May 19, 09 at 12:25

time to let this topic drift on down the page ...... :o)

o
RE: Regional Farm Tours

Zigzag, that Farm Tour sounds great!

We all need to support our local farms and farm families.

The quality produce at the Hickory Farmer's Market keeps me going back weekly for whatever I'm not currently growing in my own garden. I enjoy chatting with the vendors and knowing that in some small way I am helping to sustain the local agri-economy is an added benefit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here