Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Triangle John - Your Capers Caper

Posted by aezarien 7b (My Page) on
Thu, May 27, 10 at 19:40

I saw in another thread where you had started some caper seeds (back in 2005). I am interested in how that turned out for you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Triangle John - Your Capers Caper

No capers for me! I don't remember if those seeds ever sprouted. I know that to get them to germinate you had to jump through all sorts of hoops and I normally do all that is needed just to see if it will work... but I have no capers today. I do remember that while I was looking up all the caper seed sowing details I found a few online nurseries that sold the plants. So if you want capers, they are available, but I haven't seen anyone locally selling them.

o
RE: Triangle John - Your Capers Caper

I was reading that they needed very specific conditions to do well. I love them on my food though so I may just have to make a go of it, even if I have to buy a plant. I have heard nasturtium buds/seeds tasted similar so I am definitely going to try that as well.

Thanks for the feedback!
-Tina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here