Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catc_gw

Shrubs at HD

catc
15 years ago

I hope this doesn't violate any rules, but someone sent me a link to a coupon that will get you a 'buy one, get one free' for shrubs at HD. DH and I went over with two copies of the coupon and got 3 gallon Lorepetalum, Osmanthus, Butterfly Bush, and Indian Hawthorn, for $10 each. I don't know if it's OK to post the link, but I'd be happy to send it to people if they want it.

Comments (16)

• tamelask
    15 years ago

Next time, post the link in the optional link url and it'll make it clickable. Actually, i just tried copy & pasting the link and it didn't work, so can you try posting it again that way instead? It sounds like a wonderful idea, and thanks for thinking of us all!

• catc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK, the link is below. I went today (Thursday) and the one I went to had some very nice healthy plants. I understand that they usually get their plant deliveries on Wednesday. The coupon is good until June 12th.

Here is a link that might be useful: BOGO for Shrubs

• tamelask
    15 years ago

Thank you! It works great now. I'm curious, though- how did you edit your first post to get rid of that one really long line? Or did GW do it for you?

• catc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I think the original link was some kind of GW glitch. I'm glad it's working now. This is a nice deal - I'm trying to create a mixed hedge to replace some dying Leylands so I was really happy to get good sized shrubs for this price. I was especially thrilled to find the Osmanthus Fragrans. They're starting to put out a few little blooms and I can get a whiff of that wonderful fragrance if I stick my nose down into the plants.

• nannerbelle
    15 years ago

Thank you so much for posting this catc!! I have a trip to HD already planned for tomorrow to get some supplies. I'll be bringing a few new friends home too with these.

• blueangel
    15 years ago

If you join the HD gardening club (free) they send
    you coupons often with some being good deals
    this spring they had a coupon on spring/summer
    bulbs for 75 per cent off.

Blueangel

• tamelask
    15 years ago

Never even heard about the HD gardening club. Will definitely have to ck into that- thanks for the tip blueangel!

• nannerbelle
    15 years ago

I didn't know about it either. I'm going to join up!! HD is the closest thing I have around here to a greenhouse, and end up buying a lot off line because of that. I also seem to be there most every weekend since my house is fairly new and there are tons of home improvement things going on here. BTW, I picked up two beautiful Gardenias for 12.97 for the pair of them with the coupon. I love Gardenia, just never had one. I'm going to be using them in a bed next to my drive. Thanks again for the post of the coupon!! I also picked up all the material needed to finish out the second bed I have started then will be ready for the "contents". Along with that material, I picked up my chicken wire to keep Mr and Mrs Bunny out of my veggies, and the weed block underlay for my other beds in the back yard. I am starting to see progress this year, and very happy about that!! :-)

• jimtnc
    15 years ago

nannerbelle - you're not around the Raleigh/Garner area are you? I'm looking for some decent sized Gardenia replacements (3-4), but I haven't seen them in the Garner store.

I'm mildly curious. What is a HD class 8 shrub category that is on the HD coupon?? I wonder if that includes roses also?

• amateur_anna
    15 years ago

I am pretty sure it includes the ones in the link. When I was there this weekend, the coupon worked on the butterfly bush and an alabama crimson honeysuckle. I will say though, the clerk congratulated me since this coupon has been fickle as to what it accepts. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Depot Shrubs

• jimtnc
    15 years ago

Anna -that seems to be a dead link.

• blueangel
    15 years ago

class 8 shrub category is for store use
    the coupons are scaned or hand enetered.
    if you join the HD garden club
    they are now giving coupons for up
    to $500 off on various garden items.
    this offer is with multible coupons
    10 per cent off on fifty dollars
    20 per cent off on $100
    etc etc.

Blueangel

• jimtnc
    15 years ago

That may be so, but I've been a HD garden member for over 2 years and have yet to receive the first coupon, and only a few times for the newsletter.

I've heard they have been having problems with their internet garden site subset with some folks receiving things and people in other parts of the country not, so maybe it will be fixed soon.

• nannerbelle
    15 years ago

Hi JimNC, no I'm in Kershaw SC. My HD is in Lancaster SC and they had a whole table of Gardenias. These are about 2 to 3 tall, nice, healthy plants! Their selection on the other shrubs were not as great here, I'm sure it is a store to store thing on what comes in from the nursery. To find out what was included, I had to read the lables in the store closely. I'm going back again this weekend, coupon is good thru 6-13 I believe. I'm going to try to find a couple more nice ones in the bunch! :-)

• jimtnc
    15 years ago

Thanks nannerbelle. I talked to the folks here at our HD and they said they've changed shrub/tree/etc suppliers. Not sure why, but the prices seem to be a whole lot higher...maybe because of the fuel prices.

• blueangel
    15 years ago

HD has had some problems with there gardening site
    as for suppliers yes they have changed.
    This is an upper Management decision and was based
    on local suppliers .Look for more changes in the way
    the nursery end of HD operation will be.

Blueangel

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert