Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aezarien

Spring 2010 Photos

aezarien
13 years ago

Starting a photo thread.. hoping some others have time to post some photos from their gardens. I sure do miss the picture threads!

Some pinks and purples.

{{gwi:575676}}

{{gwi:575677}}

{{gwi:575678}}

{{gwi:575679}}

Comments (14)

• Iris GW
    13 years ago

That picture of bleeding heart is amazing!

Here is a blossom on a Paw Paw (hope it makes fruit):

{{gwi:575680}}

One of the buckeyes I grew from seed - flowering for the first time:

{{gwi:575681}}

And the very petite native Iris cristata:

{{gwi:575682}}

• brenda_near_eno
    13 years ago

All gorgeous!
    My buckeye has produced 2 seeds for the first time. How did you germinate yours?

• safariofthemind
    13 years ago

Awesome! What kind of camera are you using? Those are nice Macro shots. Kudos.

• transplanted2scin07
    13 years ago

I love the photo threads - thanks for starting one!
    Here's a combo of pink Primrose, blue Fescue, and chartruese Sedum 'Angelina':
    {{gwi:575683}}

Gorgeous blue Cornflower:
    {{gwi:575684}}

A cute little Flag Iris:
    {{gwi:575685}}

Here's my 'Hell Strip'. It looks great right now but will be horrid by mid-summer. It includes 'New Moon' Iris, Fleabane, and Blaze climbing rose:
    {{gwi:575686}}

A row of Iris 'Cloud Ballet' in front of my peas:
    {{gwi:575687}}

Some pretty Pansies. I like the tiny, white edge on the petals:
    {{gwi:575688}}

and my Iris 'Thriller' in front of my Clematis 'Romantica' that I saved from the clearance shelf a couple of years ago:
    {{gwi:575689}}

• aezarien
    Original Author
    13 years ago

heh.. I apologize for not labeling mine. They are all so common I figured they didn't need an introduction.
    Esh - and that is an awesome shot of the paw paw.

RJ - It's a Pentax *ist DS. My first real camera was a Pentax K-1000 and I loved it so when I went digital I went with the Pentax. It needs to be cleaned but it is very user friendly and takes Pentax K mount lenses from the older SLRs too.

Transplanted (I still can't remember if it is Sandy or Shari I'm sorry.) :o/ - I still have the Angelina and Blue Spruce I got from your plant swap (I assume it was from your plant.) They will be happier in the rock garden than the pot they were suffering in I am sure. I have really enjoyed them though.. thank you!

• Iris GW
    13 years ago

Germinating buckeyes - fix up a pot of dirt in a one gallon container, about 3/4 full. Put the buckeye in the top and gently push down until it is just covered. Cover the pot with a little hardware cloth or screening to keep the squirrels out. Leave outside all winter so it can get rain (or water as necessary). It will put out a root over the winter and send up leaves in the spring.

• aezarien
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Some from earlier this season..March 29th

Spring Cactus (from a slide show I was working on )
    {{gwi:575690}}

Hyacinth.. smells heavenly
    {{gwi:575691}}

Untended pond. Since this photo was taken the weeds are gone, the plants are actually planted and I have shoved a huge umbrella palm in there. Needs work still though!

{{gwi:575692}}

Spring Star Flower
    {{gwi:575693}}

I have no idea what this is. Some kind of Spring bulb that I want to say starts with a P.
    {{gwi:575694}}

The Pink Lipstick strawberries are starting to fill out again. There is a nice big patch of them now.
    {{gwi:575695}}

• karen__w z7 NC
    13 years ago

Brenda, when you germinate your buckeyes, the screen on the pots is really important. I'm still finding buckeyes where the squirrels replanted my seeds a few years ago.

Great to see all the photos starting up again. Those were great threads. Aezarien, is that bulb a Puschkinia?

• aezarien
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes! That is what it is! Thank you lol. I knew it had a P, S, K, and A in it but couldn't put my alphabet soup together to remember what it was.

• iechris
    13 years ago

Here are a few of mine

Iris that was a gift from a friend:
    [IMG]http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/iechris/Flowers/purpleiris43010.jpg[/IMG]

Siberian Irises (not sure why picture is looking washed out):
    [IMG]http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/iechris/Flowers/siberian43010b.jpg[/IMG]

"Brown" Iris- gift from a friend
    [img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3176/4556647620_f234aa73b7.jpg[/img]

azalea- gift from another friend
    [img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/4533328306_15381b9135.jpg[/img]

• iechris
    13 years ago

Having some issues here... used the wrong tag and can't edit the above post, plus it won't let me post 2x with the same subject line.

Iris that was a gift from a friend:
    {{gwi:575696}}

Siberian Irises (not sure why picture is looking washed out):
    {{gwi:575697}}

"Brown" Iris- gift from a friend
    {{gwi:575699}}

azalea- gift from another friend
    {{gwi:575701}}

• tamelask
    13 years ago

great pix, everyone!

iechris, to get around the whole can't post 2x in a row, just add another digit after the post subhead and you can post again. I really wish it would let you go back one you post a thread reply, but it doesn't.

• melaroma
    13 years ago

Aezarien, What do you have planted in the first picture? Is it in Shade? Thanks!

• aezarien
    Original Author
    13 years ago

In the back are Shasta daisies and purple cone flowers. In the front are Cheddar pinks. That area gets some direct sun but mostly dappled sun all day. I just put them there and have considered moving them already because they can probably use more sun. The Shasta daisy and purple cone flower do well there but they reach high enough up to get more sun.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH