Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
around the yard

Posted by chadec N.C.7b (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 8, 13 at 0:14

I dont visit here much, but since I have been reading through the post I figured I would share a few pics. I have been gardening for five yrs. My major interest are agaves and hardy palms.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: around the yard

In the back yard

o

More back yard

o

Old bed getting an addition

o

Off of the carport

o

A shade garden

o

Hope you enjoyed my garden. This last pic is my expansion in progress rock garden.

o

All very nice, I really like the large chunky agave. I want one of those but can't seem to find them in my area.
Beautiful yard!

o

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing...nice ideas for the sunny south.

o

Aguadragonfly, the large agave is A. Ovatifolia. Very hardy and does very well in our wet winters. I have 4 of them because they are none suckering and beautiful. Two came from yuccado, 1 from PDN and one from Jeremy Spath on ebay.

LKZZ, thanks. By this time of the year everything is usually full and in bloom. But we are about a month behind this yr. Had several cacti in bloom but a busy work schedule caused me to miss em.

o

I put in a cactus garden last year - making a raised bed of half topsoil, half gravel about a foot deep. Plants that had lived for years in pots were put in and within a month had doubled in size. Now a year later everything has quadrupled in size. It's amazing what good drainage will do!

o

Chadec,
Absolutely gorgeous! You have done alot in 5 years.
I love every pic you posted!
Is your banana in a pot? Is it a musa busjo?
You did a wonderful job with your gardens.

o

Thanks everyone for the comments.

John your right, everything is growing like crazy. My A. ovatifolia grew 2' in a yr from planting. All my succulents get planted in 100% gravel over a 50/50 mix like yours. Works great with all our heavy rains.

butterfly, only my ensetes are potted. I have musa basjoo, musa veluntina and musella lasiocarpa planted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here