Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geebeega

Where to find Datura or Brugmansia?

geebeega
16 years ago

Can anyone tell me where to find Datura or Brugmansia in Winston Salem? Just moved here & would like to buy some.

Comments (11)

• puddle_of_mud
    16 years ago

You can sometimes find them both at the Triad Farmer's Market. Take I-40 towards Greensboro, and exit south on Sandy Ridge Rd. You can't miss it! They are usually in the shelter on the right as you enter the Market.

• nckvilledudes
    16 years ago

The Farmer's Market at Sandy Ridge Road is an excellent place to purchase brugmansias. There is a guy there from a nursery in Raleigh that sells them in gallon sized pots for $5--a price you won't find anywhere else. I believe the gentleman's name is Rodrigo. I have two friends who purchased a total of 15 brugmansias from him and they are doing great.

• PRO
    Lavoie Boho
    16 years ago

Welcome to Winston-Salem! I live just a few miles north in Lewisville. Please come see my garden and I can dig you a Datura seedling, usually there are extras in my garden. As for Brugs, L.A. Reynolds Nursery has them ...or did last time I was there a few wks ago. They are on Styers Ferry Rd near Country Club Rd way out here near me. I am so glad to see another gardenwebber so closeby. I have many, many plants to share. You are cordially invited to my Fall and Spring plant swaps here at our house. Here's my trade list. Hope to hear back soon. Robin

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade list

• nckvilledudes
    16 years ago

Robin, going to LA Reynolds is great for inspiration, but dangerous to your pocketbook. I only purchase things from them that I can't find elsewhere due to the prices.

• puddle_of_mud
    16 years ago

Yes, yes, you must visit Robin's garden! I've been wanting to visit again, but things just keep getting in the way. You will love it, and she is such a lovely lady! Hi Robin! Hope you are doing well!

Cami - AKA Puddle

• geebeega
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the info!!! My husband works just off Sandy Ridge right at 40! And quirkpod, I'd love to come see your garden. Just tell me when & where!!! I probably don't live too far from you. I use to have a Datura years ago, but it's been long gone.

• rootdiggernc
    16 years ago

Hi Geebee, I'm not too far from the Farmer's Market and I have an assortment of datura seedlings and can take some brug cuttings if you want to try to root them. Will send you some more info through email.

• ninawitteveen
    16 years ago

I am in Eastern Ontario in Peterborough, I have been looking for Datura or Brugmansia(marnier)for years, I am so lost when looking where to buy them.. could someone help me?

• Lynda Waldrep
    16 years ago

I am rooting brugs right now and probably will pot them up soon...to give away. Only problem is that I put them all together so cannot tell which are pink or white or yellow. I had all three. If you are coming to the seed swap Sat., I can bring you one although the color will be a surprise.

• Tammy Owens
    16 years ago

You might also try checking out ebay. Most of mine have come from there or the Farmer's Market. Good Luck.

Tammy

• PRO
    Lavoie Boho
    16 years ago

Ninawitteveen (et al): I have seen Brugmansia in several of the mail order catalogs that come each Spring. I have already recycled them, but to get started recvg them is easy. Order one, and they all share mailing lists. If that doesnt bother you. Some of the names that come to mind are: White Flower Farm, Owens Nursery, Logee's, Breck's, Four Seasons.