Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deirdre_2007

Is there any hope for this shrubs?

deirdre_2007
12 years ago

Good afternoon,

I planted a Mountain Laurel and a Rhodie this Spring and they loved their new homes. They had an amazing display of flowers and were lush and growing really well. We had a lot of rain this spring so I didn't need to water them too much and then once the weather got really hot, I was watering them at least 2 or 3 times a week depending on how they looked. Well, the kids got out of school and off to vacation we went. I was gone for 12 days and my neighbor must not have seen them because they didn't get a drop of water while I was gone. The mountain laurel is planted in deeper shade so it fared better than the rhodie and I'm hopeful that is might survive, but the rhodie which gets all morning shade and then afternoon sun is looking desperate. All of the leaves have curled inwards, kinda rolled up and they are in varying stages of death. There are only about 2 branches that have leaves that don't look like they are totally dying. I've taken to watering them every day, hoping that this will revive them, but I'm wondering what else I should do to help them through this trauma.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm