Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any interest in a Charlotte fall swap?

Posted by dhijana 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 20, 10 at 14:51

anyone interested in Charlotte area for a swap of plant materials, veggies for fall/winter, seeds, bulbs, cuttings and the like say some time in September? If there is some enthusiasm, we could arrange a Sunday afternoon swap spot and meet each other as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any interest in a Charlotte fall swap?

Where could it be held?

o

We tried it one year in the McAlpine Greenway parking lot off of Monroe Rd in So. Charlotte. Only three of us turned up and this was for a spring swap.
I've been on GW regularly for many years and kept an extensive list of members,their locations and their plant preferences and I can tell you that this region of NC has very few GW participants. Many gardeners, since we are a very populous region, but people tend to stumble upon GW and may never get to the regional forums once they've gotten their answers from the plant or problem specific forums.
I wear my GW tee shirt whenever I go to farmers markets and garden centers and it's amazing how few people know what a great resource is hiding on the internet for gardeners.

I wish the organizers of the popular spring and fall swaps would print up and sell teeshirts or bumper stickers advertising GW so we could spread the word more widely.

o

I'd be interested!

o

I would be interested in one. Just moved into a new place, so not much to swap, but I'd be able to bring some food and seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here