Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pot size for brug?

Posted by mad_about_mickey **7* *N.C. (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 08 at 16:19

I have one that finally grew!! Now it is about 3-4 ft tall and is in a 15'' wide by 14 '' tall plastic pot. Should/could it be put in ground, or should i move it to a bigger pot? I picked it up at the spring swap. Don't know from who, but I have such hopes for this one...The last one I had had gorgeous peach flowers and I loved it. Was so beautiful and smelled good. Sadly, it didn't survive the winter in the garage `sigh`. That one I had put in the ground early. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pot size for brug?

With brugs, the bigger the pot the better. I've had 2 in huge pots 2 winters now in our unheated basement and they've done great. In fact this past year one bloomed most of the winter down there! You have to feed them a lot and of course they are thirsty devils in the summer. Just keep them barely watered in winter. I underplant mine with low stuff since they are leggy. Also added some mina lobata in one pot last year and morning glory in the other pot and that worked really nicely.

o
RE: Pot size for brug?

They are distant relatives to tomatoes and all of them will fill any sized pot with mats of tiny roots. After a few years if you decide to repot it, it is kind of amazing the way the whole root/soil ball comes out in one big chunk - shaped just like the inside of the pot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here