Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deirdre_2007

We ate our first tomato today

deirdre_2007
15 years ago

I've never grown tomatoes before, and together as a family --hubbie included--, my girls are only 5 and 3, we all went out and put our hands on our first ripe tomato and we all pulled, and plucked our precious tomato off the vine. We carefully washed it off and then dried it before setting it on the table to be duly photographed. If it was possible, I think I was way more excited than the girls, who were literally dancing around the kitchen making up tomato songs!!!

I cut into it and sliced it up and OMG it was totally delicious. The aroma was fantastic and the fruit (I can never remember if it's a veggie or a fruit . . .) was superbly delicious. We gobbled the remaining bits of fruit/veggie and all did "high 5's"!! The girls were thrilled because they helped to water them, so they really felt involved in the whole process. I was excited because I've never grown them before, and I was really hoping they'd be as delicious as I was hoping for, and honestly they were even better than I imagined. So I don't care what happens from here on out, all I know is that the very first tomato that I ever grew was delicious.

I promise to post a picture of the little fella when the girlies go to bed.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor