Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tietie

franticly need garden

tietie
18 years ago

Can anyone recommend any pretty gardens and such in the Brevard / Rosman area? I'm looking for a location to get married in 3 weeks and all the 'regular' places are booked.

Thanks

Tanya, whose getting a bit frantic

Comments (9)

• Rip_
    18 years ago

Nowhere to go in the Pisgah National Park/Forest?

How about Dupont State Park?

Are there any gardens at Brevard College?

Those are about all I can think of.

Rip

• tietie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Rip,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I don't live in that area and finding info on Pisgah or Dupont has been a bit difficult. Everyone I've spoken to says 'just come over and look around'. Honestly, I can't afford to the time to wander about without a plan. Visted one weekend with five places in mind, never did I imagine not one of them would work (people with limited abilities). I've searched diligently on the internet trying to find pics of places. I'll look into Brevard College.

Any other suggestions?

• lavendargrrl
    18 years ago

Maybe this link will have some information that is helpful on
    Pisgah.

North Carolina Arboretum

Carolina Gardens Locator Map

Good luck.
    ~Angie

• lynnencfan
    18 years ago

try doing a "bed and breakfast" search in your area - I do know many have beautiful gardens and do weddings - we stayed in one just this past week while on our honeymoon in the Franklin area and I think they did weddings. Co-incidently we got married in our backyard and our own gardens July 9th

Good luck in your search

Lynne

• dirtrx
    18 years ago

I know its not in Brevard but what about Daniel Stowe Botanical gardens in Gastonia or Belmont Abbey College. In Hickory they used to do weddings at Shuford Memorial Garden. I think a bed and breakfast is a good place to start. If you have time to drop by a book store they have a couple of books regarding B&B which will give you a good idea of the amenities offered with pictures. Good Luck and remember breathe!:). Shannon/Dirtrx

• Rip_
    18 years ago

Try getting in touch with some wedding photographers or caterers in Brevard and see where they have done weddings in the area.

Good Luck!

Rip

• jeffahayes
    18 years ago

I know this is also a good bit away, but Hatcher Garden & Woodland Preserve ALSO has a lot of weddings and has a special place right next to the waterfall, set up for small weddings... If you don't mind moving it down to Spartanburg, that's a thought.

Here's the link, if you're interested.

Good luck!
    Jeff

Here is a link that might be useful: Hatcher Garden & Woodland Preserve - Home

• tietie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

thanks everyone for your suggestions. Looks like we might have found a place. It is an art glass studio that has a garden. My sister is scouting it out tomorrow. Gosh, I'm ready to be done with this.....

Jeff, if I moved it, I'd move it to MY back yard. LOL

• sunburnt365
    17 years ago

I recently visited a nursery called "Mountain Meadows", and let me tell you!~ What a joy!
    They are a specialty nursery that deals with unique conifers, and the whole trip for me turned from what I expected to be a quick walk thorugh, into an hour and a half of talking with the owner , walking the beautiful grounds, and learning about plants. I only purchased a dwarf golden hemlock 'everitts golden'(cool plant) but I will definitly go back, and I wanted to pass the word along to anyone who likes conifers or
    is looking for inspiration and insight. I dont know the phone number, but the website is www.mountainmeadowsdwarfconifers.comI hope you enjoy it. Keep a look out for unique nurseries in WNC, and I will too

Jacob

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County