Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aaaaaaaa_gw

Visiting Raleigh NC--any farmers market?

aaaaaaaa
9 years ago

Hi
I am in Raleigh NC for a week. Would like to know if there are any farmers market around this time of the year and any other related interesting places to visit for a middle aged couple.
Appreciate your response.
Thank you
Anna

Comments (5)

• trianglejohn
    9 years ago

Anna - there is the huge State Farmer's Market on the southside of downtown near the I-40 Beltline off of Lake Wheeler Road. It's open all year but has the most vendors now. It's very large and well run - it should really be called a Produce Market because most of the vendors are not the farmer's that grew the produce (sometimes it's a relative, most often it is just someone hired to run the booth).

During the week and on Saturday mornings there is another smaller market in downtown and one or two on the north side of downtown.

Cary, Morrisville, Durham, Apex and Holly Springs all have Farmer's Markets within an hour of downtown Raleigh.

If you want to drive a bit you should head over to Carrboro (beside Chapel Hill) for their well run/attended Real Farmers Market where the vendors are the farmers and just about all of them are organic.

• aaaaaaaa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you trianglejohn---Yes, I did visit NC state farmers market and couple of others held on Tue and Wed, else where. I am planning to visit Carrboro this Saturday, as they have annual event.
    I also visited Logen's nursery the other day and picked up several packets of heirloom/organic seeds. I am pretty exited about this section of NC (triangle) and would love to visit again. You guys have lots of thing going on here. Thank you.

• trianglejohn
    9 years ago

When I have had out-of-state visitors, the two things that have almost brought them to tears (comparing they're home state/city to Raleigh) is the State Farmers Market and Grand Asia Market - a large Asian grocery store on the edge of Cary, just off the beltline. You would think the public gardens would do it - but noooooo! When I tell them I shop there almost every week they start to hate me, and when I take them to Logans for lunch (a garden center with a cafe???!!!!) they pretty much plan on moving here.

• nancyofnc
    9 years ago

There is the North Hills Mall's "Midtown Raleigh Farmers Market" (on Six Forks Road just off I-440). 30 - 50 vendors every Saturday 8-noon. Live music, children's activities, dog visitors, open air yoga in the Commons area that is in the center of the U shaped Market surrounded by great shopping in unique stores. Quality gift items (pottery, wooden items, jams), lots of free samples of handmade treats and fresh produce, and all are local farmers who mostly grow naturally (without 'cides). Very friendly atmosphere and fun.
    Nancy

• aaaaaaaa
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you both:) Missed out on Asian Market! May be next visit. Thanks again.