Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
source for anemones?

Posted by vha7777 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 11, 10 at 14:20

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some of the fall blooming Anemones like Anemone x hybrida 'Honorine Jobert'. Do the vendors at the farmers market have them in the fall? Thanks a lot!

PS - I went to the Plant Delights open house this weekend and ended up getting many more plants then I needed, haha. Anyone else go?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: source for anemones?

yes, the vendors at the market will probably have them in the fall when they are blooming- they certainly have in the past.

o

thanks! do you think there is enough time to get them established for the winter if I plant them in the fall when they are in flower? I just wasn't sure if 2-3 months is enough time

o

Planting them in late summer, early fall is a great time to plant them. Actually in the south it is the best time to plant. Adele

o

Yep, I went and did the same thing. Spent $140 - whoops!

o

I have anemones for sale. Good prices. Nice plants. They come from a wholesale nursery. You can go with me pick them out. If you are interested email me: kanmd4now@yahoo.com

o

I can dig and share, but dont know if you are anywhere near Forsyth Co. I looked at your member page but you dont give your county. Email me if you'd like some this Fall. I have both the pink and the white Fall Anemone. If you are far from me, then look into your local plant swaps and look thru the trade lists of members near you. THats how I got mine.

o

i got mine in the distressed section of lowe's for 75 cents each. kept them watered and they're doing just fine. :)

o

thanks quirkpod, I love in chapel hill so it's a little bit far but thank you for the offer. I'll have to see if there is a local plant swap somewhere in my area.

I can't believe you got them for 75 cents patskywriter! was that recent? today I was at lowe's and picked up some bit coral bells for 3 bucks and I thought that was a steal and I have been keeping my eyes out for anemones but haven't seen any in the stores.

o

We had them in early spring at Lowes. Sold out...very popular.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here