Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Summer pics 6

Posted by shari1332 z7NC (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 08 at 18:46

It's taken me all weekend but I finally got this past week's pics uploaded. I should be doing something outside instead but,lol.

I've been trying to get a flattering pic of my Knautia for the longest time. Here it is spilling in front of Nolina parviflora- Bear Grass

Photobucket

This is a neat plant but has never bloomed as much as advertised for me. It has just started and is actually a little early compared to previous years.

Anisacanthus wrightii

Photobucket

Daylily 'Royal Flycatcher'

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Summer pics 6

Great to see that we're continuing with the eye candy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Shari, Beautiful daylily, I'm always interested in the nice late bloomers.

o

Beautiful flowers!

Hope everyone got a good rain without damage last night. Our garden got a good soaking. We've had so much rain this year that my drought-tolerant plants are getting damaged! I've got some grey spots in lavender, had to rip out a rosemary and my baby echinops are turning to mush.

Cameron

o

Oh, here's a link to my latest blog where I uploaded photos of a recent visit to JC Raulston Arboretum as well as photos of our visit to the open house at Plant Delights, Juniper Level Botanical Garden; and...a few close-ups of colorful produce at the Farmers' Market in Raleigh.

Cameron

Here is a link that might be useful: garden photos around the area

o

Shari I want a piece of that seedlings! LOL Do you know the parentage?

o

Alicia, you are talking about the burgandy/red one with the light edge right? I do have the parentage somewhere. I just have to find it,lol. And yes, you can have a fan or two when I plant it:)

o

Cameron
always enjoy your photo's.
I really like the 6th pic
the variegated plant do you
know it's name and if it
would do well here in
Charlotte.

Blueangel

o

Shari, yes that one. It's gorgeous. Thank you for the offer.

o

Blueangel,

That is a cercis canadensis 'Floating Cloud' variegated Eastern redbud; native south to Florida and Texas (as well as MA to MI to NE. It was discovered in Iva, South Carolina. The one at Raulston came from a nursery (Shadow Nursery) in Winchester, Tennessee. So, I'd say it will work in Charlotte...if you can find it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here