Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dottie_in_charlotte

More rain headed your way (Triangle and points east)

Guess we're now in the thunderstorm cycle. Get one big one, two days later more etc. This was faster moving than the one on Sunday and from the radar looks to be in the Triangle area real soon.

Full rainbarrels for everyone!

Comments (11)

• Lynda Waldrep
    15 years ago

I think most of these storms are "spotty." Last week we had only 3/4" total, with a sprinkling yesterday. Today, although it looks dark and is rumbling outside, we have had nothing. Earlier in June there were several 2" storms for me, with a friend only two mi. away getting about half that, and another friend maybe 20 mi. south of me getting nothing. My rain barrels are still full, however, and we appreciate any and all that we get. Oh, the lake is down now almost as it was last summer at the end of August. Now that is scary.

• aezarien
    15 years ago

We have been getting that spotty rain for two days now. I suppose we look funny out there hose in hand... while it is sprinkling....

Whadaya do?

• rosebush
    15 years ago

We have had a lot of rain here in parts of Hickory. It is spread out and spotty at times, but yesterday's storm was a deluge. I'm very happy to actually get some gardening done instead of hauling water. . .My rain barrels are collecting it for a sunny day. :)

• dottie_in_charlotte
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bet I too looked funny out there in the rain trimming the vitex spent flowers(so it would rebloom) but that's the only time I can do this without being run off by JB's,bees and wasps.

• jqpublic
    15 years ago

Y-day it wasn't very severe in N. Raleigh, but we had an awesome one come through today. The lightning was amazing!

• tamelask
    15 years ago

We got 1/2" here in garner in a violent though short storm yesterday, and tonight a large band came through for about an hour. Haven't been out to see the gague yet, but i'd guess 1/2 to 1". We had the same amazing lightening tonight as you JQ. I'm really surprised we didn't lose power.

• lynnencfan
    15 years ago

having a real nice rain right now that popped up a couple miles west of us and is just sitting over us right now. We have had 4 days of rain in the evening now - love it. Last year was so devastating and even late spring of this year. We will take any rain we can get. I have been able to get work done during the day and then let the plants settle in with a gentle rain at night. Been dividing lots of hostas in the woodland gardens. Ground is damp way down - we never saw that last year. The violent lightning was certainly a sight to behold last night.....

Lynne

• DYH
    15 years ago

No complaints, here. So glad to have the rain.

Our poor greyhound (Won By Her Wits) would prefer that there be no thunder or lightning! It just terrifies her.

Cameron

• deirdre_2007
    15 years ago

We went away for the 4th of July weekend, and when I got back our rain gauge said we received 2.2 inches. I was excited. And then we had four more days of rain here in my part of Clayton and we tacked on another 3.8 inches!!! Not too mention we got .9 inches of rain the last day of June and the first day of July combined!! Very exciting. We really needed it because we only got an inch of rain in June. It seems that all the storms that reach Raleigh, don't come here and vice-versa.

Oh Cameron, I feel for your girlie. The dog we had growing up, used to be just terrified of the the thunder also. She used to try and crawl under you wherever you were sitting and burrow herself under you. Did I mention that she was a full 70 lb lab??

• jqpublic
    15 years ago

Looks like we may get good rains this weekend!?

• jimtnc
    15 years ago

Yep, and the Weather Channel is forecasting scattered showers for the next 10 days. Probably gonna be hit and miss, but we'll see.