Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dellare

impatiens balfourii

dellare
15 years ago

One of my friends at work went home to Chicago on vacation. She is a fellow plant fanatic so I knew that her vacation would be spent at quite a few very good nurseries in that area. I casually mentioned to her to feel free to bring me back anything that I could not live without. She brought me back a sweet little impatiens balfourii which she brought into work for me today. The owner John promptly went nuts for it and asked me if it would be okay if he kept if for a while and propagated it. He then asked me to google to see if there was a PPAF on it first. Well I googled it and came up with Annie's Annuals which I have heard so much about but never purchased from. We all promptly went coocoo for all the varieties and HUGE flowers of some of the impatiens. We are trying to convince John to try a couple different kinds of them but he is balking because they do seem to like a cooler climate. My questions to all you fellow plant nuts is would these impatiens be something you think we could sell here in North Carolina. The owner has been disappointed in the past with things he thought would be great sellers that we end up throwing massive quantities away of in the fall (sun coleus would be a good example). Thanks for any feedback you guys can offer. Adele

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!