Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nannerbelle

Wonderful afternoon in the garden!

nannerbelle
15 years ago

Well, the last two afternoons have been beautiful here. Light ocean feeling breeze, temps in the upper 80's and low humidity. I wanted to do some gardening yesterday but had to take one of my pups in for her annual checkup. So I did manage a little weeding but not much more than that. This afternoon, I got to finish up with work around 5:30 (Yeah, normal time for once!!) and got outside by 5:45 this afternoon. I got the rest of my kitchen window bed tilled up. That was huge especially getting the tiller to crank LOL. I also got the tilling done for some plantings I want to do out at the edge of the lawn in my "Palm and Cactus" garden. I got 4 Pink Pampas grass in at the edge of this garden and my 2 Black Magic EE's at the kitchen window. I transplanted a Musa Basjoo that over wintered and really didn't like it's location. I wouldn't have moved it now but it was really really struggling. So I thought I may as well give it a good chance in a closer bed with some better conditions. I then watered the veggies, the gardinias and hibiscus, and purple fountain grass I put in about a month ago, watered the new plantings and had a face to face with a beautiful male Ruby Throated Hummingbird that was checking out my work. He then flew off to play with 3 or 4 of his friends, darting over the decks and playing around the feeders. What a wonderful afternoon!! I hope to have the weed barrier complete and mulch in the new beds by the end of the holiday weekend!! :-)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz