Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mogrix

[Please Help] Lawn Stripes?

Mogrix
11 years ago

(I hope this is the right place. Please redirect if not)

for the past three years, i've had these "Stripes" of some sort, what looks like dead grass, appear in my lawn.

http://imgur.com/EUBCy

as you can see, there are three brown looking stripes running down my lawn. I bought this house about 7 years ago.

It looks like the stripes are where the grass has been treaded by either a vehicle of some sort, or something similar? But i don't ever drive in the lawn (except the lawn mower), and live out in the country. (ie, no four wheelers or other vehicles). They all run abnormally parallel to each other which doesn't make much sense.

At first i thought it might be where dead grass has been laying after mowing the lawn, but I don't mow in the direction the stripes are forming, and in addition, when the first one appeared I started catching the clippings in a bag instead of leaving them in the lawn to make sure I wasn't killing the grass.

It first, this problem started with 1 stripe (the one pictured on the right) the 2nd appeared last summer, and now this summer as of a few weeks ago, the farthest one on the left.

after googling, I can't figure out what this is or how to fix it. Can anyone help, offer any assistance, or point in the general direction for answers?

Comments (3)