Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help posting photos

Posted by columbiasc Columbia SC (veronative@aol.com) on
Fri, Aug 8, 08 at 7:06

Can someone tell me how to post photos? No, not me, my plants! I have a few photos I want to share but can't figure out how to add them to a posting.

~Scott~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help posting photos

Here is a good explanation.

Here is a link that might be useful: FAQ from Compost forum has instructions

o

• Posted by zigzag 7b - Triangle, NC (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 8, 08 at 16:39

Big question for me too. Am I correct in that it is not possible to post directly from 'my computer/my pictures' archives? Does one have to go the PhotoBucket or other similar sites route? I've never tried as GW doesn't have a delete post feature should I totally mess it up.

I know this sounds really stupid, but just like fifth grade, if I have the question, many others do to .... I think .... maybe. If not, just consider me the resident dummy :o)

Just asking ......

o

zigzag, you cannot post directly from your computer and the reason is that the photo has to live somewhere on the internet. You can attach it in a forum with a gallery (forums with galleries have a camera icon next to them on the forum list) - in this situation the picture will be stored on Garden Web (which is why they limit the size). Or you can use a photohosting site; in this situation the photo lives on that site and you are merely referencing it here.

If you want to play around, GW does have a test forum, both in regular and in gallery forum. Below is a link to the test gallery forum. And don't forget you always get a chance to "preview" your message on GW. If you are using photobucket and posting the HTML link, even in preview mode you should be able to "see" your picture if you did it right.

Here is a link that might be useful: Test forum for posting pictures

o

• Posted by zigzag 7b - Triangle, NC (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 8, 08 at 22:08

Thanks very much, esh_ga. Think I'm beginning to 'get it'. I've bookmarked the test forum to play with later and will also dig up some of the very detailed threads previously posted here on GWC by Cameron and others and review them. Now, if I could just make myself sit still long enough!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here