Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aquadragonfly

Kinda OT: I need a help w/ a list of items for

aquadragonfly
10 years ago

A plant/seed swap.
I am trying to put together a list of items someone may want to have at a plant/seed swap (In person swap).
From a newbie to experienced what do you think would come in handy to have on hand in case you needed it.
I don't mean the plants/seeds/food and something to drink but more like:
Notepad
Pen/Pencil
Seed envies or something to take seeds home in if they happen to be in a bulk package.
Tote/Box to take you items home in

What else?

Thanks for all your wonderful help I know some of you will have ideas that I just can't think of right now. I am brain blocked at the moment and just can't think of anything else.
:) Aqua

Comments (9)

• dottie_in_charlotte
    10 years ago

a rolling cart would probably be helpful to haul in food/drink and haul out plants.
    bug repellant
    a laptop to look up plant items for identification
    varying sizes of Ziploc bags

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Dottie, I have the bags covered. I didn't think about the bug repellant.
    I hope to have a garden cart available for them to use ;)
    I will add the laptop someone might just want to use it.

Thanks!

• trianglejohn
    10 years ago

I always have a small plant book in my car. I don't remember the name on it but it is like a pocket sized encyclopedia of garden plants.

If the swap was going to have a lot of chat time then I would also add to bring photos of your garden - everyone always wants to see your flowerbeds and if you're looking for plants for a special project it helps to have photos of the space so folks can see what you're struggling with.

I would also bring your own name tag just in case they run out of name tags before you get there.

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am hosting the swap. I started a FB group just for swapping purposes. I share hopefully helpful information and I am trying to make an album of photos of things they can bring that might be helpful.
    THEY are supposed to share pics of their yards and gardens but not much happens except when I post...
    I am trying though.

Someone posted a list somewhere at some point and it was a really good one BUT I can not find it and I am not sure where it was.

I appreciated the input every little bit helps, I want to make it a success this go round but you never know.

• dottie_in_charlotte
    10 years ago

aqua, you'll probably find some really superior lists within posts and subjects on our Exchanges forum where swaps and gatherings are the main topic of discussion.

• TNflowerlover Zone 7a
    10 years ago

Tables, if possible, to put the plants on. Lawn umbrellas/tent things (can't remember what they are called) to protect from sun. :)

• Judy Brown
    10 years ago

Depends upon where you're having your swap. If it's outside and at someones house, lawn/outdoor chairs are always useful. Also, plastic mini blinds cut into strips is good for labeling plants, especially for those who forgot. Baggies with sharpie markers for seeds. And a bell, for ringing.

• dottie_in_charlotte
    10 years ago

Never hurts to bring plastic gallons of water, newspaper strips to dampen and hold the moisture in the bottom of a Ziploc to hold the plant pot for the trip home.

How far are your swappers having to drive home?
    We all know not to leave children and pets in a parked car that can heat up to or beyond 120 deg. but the same rule holds for young plants, seeds and barely rooted sprigs.

• aquadragonfly
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No one had to drive too far to get there.
    It came and went.
    I held it at a park in the little town near me.
    Not many people came but it was fun to meet those who did.
    Thanks again everyone I had everything that was needed to make it successful. Those who came enjoyed it and I was able to get some neat door prizes from one of them for the next swap!

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company