Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
transplanted2scin07

August Photos

I don't know about your garden, but the only things blooming for me right now are scarce and scattered, making for a sad and sorry overall garden. When you put them all together, though, it brightens your day. Enjoy

{{gwi:583498}}

Zinnia with moth

{{gwi:583499}}

Pink and Orange Zinnias

{{gwi:583500}}

One lonely little Snapdragon

{{gwi:583501}}

Ruellia elagans

{{gwi:583502}}

Pink colored Zinnia

{{gwi:583503}}

Ruellia brittoniana

{{gwi:583505}}

Portulaca

{{gwi:583506}}

Coral colored Zinnia

{{gwi:583507}}

Second flowering of Phlox 'David'

{{gwi:583508}}

The fruit of the wild Passion Flower vine

{{gwi:583509}}

Butterfly Bush with moth

{{gwi:583510}}

Cardinal Climber, a relative of the Morning Glory

{{gwi:581776}}

A just-opening Datura bloom taken with a foggy camera lens

{{gwi:583511}}

Gaillardia 'Golden Goblin'

{{gwi:583512}}

and some mixed Cosmos

Comments (7)

• shari1332
    13 years ago

Pretty! I really must plant some zinnias next year for the butterflies:)

Instead of uploading my photos and linking here I'll just share a link to my blog. I haven't checked in here in quite a while~ Hi everyone!

Here is a link that might be useful: Little Wing Garden

• transplanted2scin07
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks! The Zinnias have been the champions of drought these past many weeks. I think these might have been State Fair seed, but I don't know for sure.
    RE your photos, I love the Salvia chamedryoides, very pretty!
    How do you manage to get such a large bloom on your Euphorbia corolata? Mine are so tiny!

• dottie_in_charlotte
    13 years ago

Is that festuca glauca behind the pink and orange zinnias?

• transplanted2scin07
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It is indeed Festuca glauca. I just purchased 3 of them this past Spring and I've been very pleased with their performance. I wish I had the variety name in front of me, but I'm not at home as I type this.

• dottie_in_charlotte
    13 years ago

If you pull the seed stalks it will benefit the festuca so they winter over better.

• fluffybutt
    13 years ago

What's blooming right now for me are my butterfly bushes, Russian sage, meadow sage, coreopsis, salvia, abelia, crape myrtles, and lavender is about to bloom.

• tiarella
    13 years ago

Your first photo is of a skipper butterfly though which one exactly I can't tell. You can tell it's a butterfly by looking at the antennae; they resemble a matchstick (sort of) and they fly during the day. I grew the cardinal climber this year and it took over a trellis and is trying to swallow the front of my house-one plant!