Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
August Photos

Posted by transplanted2scin07 7b upstate SC (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 13:40

I don't know about your garden, but the only things blooming for me right now are scarce and scattered, making for a sad and sorry overall garden. When you put them all together, though, it brightens your day. Enjoy
Zinnia with moth
Zinnia with moth

Pink and Orange Zinnias
Pink and Orange Zinnias

Snapdragon
One lonely little Snapdragon

Ruellia elagans
Ruellia elagans

Pink Zinnia
Pink colored Zinnia

Ruellia brittoniana
Ruellia brittoniana

Portulaca
Portulaca

Coral Zinnia
Coral colored Zinnia

Phlox 'David'
Second flowering of Phlox 'David'

Passion Fruit
The fruit of the wild Passion Flower vine

Butterfly Bush with moth
Butterfly Bush with moth

Cardinal Climber
Cardinal Climber, a relative of the Morning Glory

datura
A just-opening Datura bloom taken with a foggy camera lens

Gaillardia 'Golden Goblin'
Gaillardia 'Golden Goblin'

Cosmos
and some mixed Cosmos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: August Photos

Pretty! I really must plant some zinnias next year for the butterflies:)

Instead of uploading my photos and linking here I'll just share a link to my blog. I haven't checked in here in quite a while~ Hi everyone!

Here is a link that might be useful: Little Wing Garden

o

Thanks! The Zinnias have been the champions of drought these past many weeks. I think these might have been State Fair seed, but I don't know for sure.
RE your photos, I love the Salvia chamedryoides, very pretty!
How do you manage to get such a large bloom on your Euphorbia corolata? Mine are so tiny!

o

Is that festuca glauca behind the pink and orange zinnias?

o

It is indeed Festuca glauca. I just purchased 3 of them this past Spring and I've been very pleased with their performance. I wish I had the variety name in front of me, but I'm not at home as I type this.

o

If you pull the seed stalks it will benefit the festuca so they winter over better.

o

What's blooming right now for me are my butterfly bushes, Russian sage, meadow sage, coreopsis, salvia, abelia, crape myrtles, and lavender is about to bloom.

o

Your first photo is of a skipper butterfly though which one exactly I can't tell. You can tell it's a butterfly by looking at the antennae; they resemble a matchstick (sort of) and they fly during the day. I grew the cardinal climber this year and it took over a trellis and is trying to swallow the front of my house-one plant!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here