Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for indoor Ficus Lyrata (Fiddle Leaf Fig tree)

Posted by natureperson 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 23:43

I live in the Raleigh area and want to find one of these trees to grow indoors. Does anyone know where to find these?

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for indoor Ficus Lyrata (Fiddle Leaf Fig tree)

I have seen them for sale at the big box stores in the spring when college students are moving back into town and I have seen them at Logan'sTrading Co. downtown.

o

I've heard you can order them online from Home Depot

o

There is another community-driven gardening Web site, whose name cannot be mentioned here, that has a useful feature called PlantScout, which lists online vendors for a given plant entry (species or named variety) in its PlantFiles. In addition to plant characteristics and growth conditions, the PlantFiles entries often contain many helpful practical tips and observations from site users.

Doing a search for Ficus lyrata at that site, following a broken product link from a listing of vendors (one in this case), and looking around at the target vendor site brings us to a page that lists three available Fiddleleaf Ficus plants. For small vendors with broken product links it is advisable to confirm availability before ordering online. There are also vendors reviews under the Garden Watchdog feature of that gardening site (Google for the word scoop and company name).

Here is a link that might be useful: Ficus lyrata at Tropical Plants & More

o

I saw one Saturday at Logans, downtown Raleigh. It was maybe 3 feet tall. I didn't check the price. They are open today (Labor Day).

o

Does anyone know where to find these in Durham?

o

I am looking for a fiddle leaf fig tree in the Atlanta area. Does anyone have any leads?
Thanks,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here