Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeffahayes

Thank you SO MUCH, Sandi, for hosting such a wonderful Swap...

jeffahayes
15 years ago

in Greer, today!

We really COULDN'T have asked for more beautiful weather (I really think mid-September is a great time for this), and the food everyone brought was as delicious as the plants they brought were diverse and well-grown and tended.

Sorry I ran a bit late, but then again as I really came just to share, rather than to trade, per se, it didn't make ME miss anything, and I was really happy a few people -- you included -- got some of my blue pickerel rush (I usually have the scientific names on plants I share, but didn't have that one handy).

It was great to meet you and your husband, as well as a few other people I hadn't met before... and also fantastic to see Fran, Gail and Elizabeth again!

Sorry I've been absent here so long, but I realize now how much I've missed you folks (this is, I believe, the only forum I've ever spent a lot of time in in which I didn't eventually get fed up with a few obnoxious jerks who want to stir up trouble -- i.e., LOTS of really nice people!)

Think I'm going to try to be more regular again... As I'm a docent (tour guide) at Hatcher Garden in Spartanburg, I'm going to look into doing a plant swap THERE sometime in the not-too-distant future (In fact, I believe I DID hold one there for the group several years back -- my memories tend to blur together, lol)... They keep adding more trees, shrubs and "areas" to the garden, so it's newer and better every few months and I'm certain everyone would enjoy both a swap and a tour... Maybe we can do something there next spring or fall.

Happy Gardening!

Jeff

Comments (9)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ok, I posted to Tina's post on the exchange side so I will not repeat myself here other then to say DITO to what Jeff said. The food was good, the company was great and the weather was fantastic and was the perfect time for a swap like this AND what a GREAT LOCATION! The lake was beautiful!

SANDI Thanks again.

Jeff I am glad you realized how much you missed being and posting here, you have been missed and I am glad you decided you wanted to come back!

(BTW Jeff Elizabeth wasn't there..lol I think you have her confused with Tina)

It was good to see you again and meeting your mom and the little doggie finally!

Sandi I STILL want your doggie he is SO ADORABLE!!! I have always wanted one that looks just like that, I love the chocolates in dogs. It is unigue. He is precious!

:) Fran

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Oh the error of my ways She wrote (BTW Jeff Elizabeth wasn't there..lol I think you have her confused with Tina)
    chalk it up to delirium, the Elizabeth I WAS referring too I met and I don't think Jeff did. He was referring to the Elizabeth that WAS there....Which I realized AFTER I posted this and he just reminded me of my error....

I try so hard really I do!

:) Fran

• Dibbit
    15 years ago

Hey, I was there, but it's either Elizabeth OR Dibbit, so, no harm, no foul.... It's confusing on occasion to have more than one "user" name.....

And I did say thanks privately, but, it was fun! Let's do it again in the Spring, hint, hint, Sandi....?

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    15 years ago

Yes, thank you Sandi! I unfortunately left without one of the brownies! I don't know how that happened. It was great seeing Fran and Jeff again, and meeting Tater Tot in person finally.

It was wonderfull meeting everyone else so now I have faces to put with names. I got lots of great plants! Have not even had time to catalog them all.

Yes, I agree with Dibbit...hint, hint, Sandi. I am already trying to work on items for next spring.

• aezarien
    15 years ago

Jeff - Hatcher Garden is where I had my bridal photos taken. Paula is down there quite a bit so I am sure you have bumped into her a time or two.

Hatcher Garden is a beautiful little area. For those that have not been there it definitely is a treat.

• transplanted2scin07
    15 years ago

I'm not sure if I will do a Spring one; I like having a bit more of the season behind me so I know what needs to be divided, but I will consider another Fall one if I can find a place I don't have to pay for where I can park every one. DH and I had a great time; poor Zane (the minpin) was exhausted.
    I've posted the brownie recipe on the exchange side.
    Sandi (or as Tina calls me: Shari - LOL!)

• aezarien
    15 years ago

Nah, that's just the way I spell Sandi. heh

Seriously though, I apologize. I promise I know your name. I don't know why I keep typing Shari.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Umm, U miss the D everytime, like a slip of the finger insteady of slip of the tongue?

And Sandi, IF you do have another one and have to pay for the shelther again then maybe you can either do a donation box. OR even offer a raffle to help offset the cost of the shelther OR even do like a little auction for like a few plants and or seeds something fun like that OR just do the donation box, I was on a roll, lol.
    At any rate I am sure we all would be willing to help cover the cost. It is not fair for you and your hubby to eat the cost of someting like that for all of us who enjoyed the fun!

Anywho, it was fun either way and I am glad I did make it down there.

• dottie_in_charlotte
    15 years ago

Hiya Jeff..glad you're back..you've been missed.
    Dottie

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company