Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dyhgarden

Hanna, Ike...hurricane season

DYH
15 years ago

Easley just delcared a state of emergency. Keep an eye on the weather folks! Hurricane Ike is currently on the same track as Hanna and it's a bad one...got up to a category 4. Hopefully it will change paths and weaken before it goes anywhere.

Comments (10)

• dirthappy
    15 years ago

I've been watching the weather like a hawk hoping it bypasses you all. Please take care and don't take chances. Stay safe.

• jimtnc
    15 years ago

wonbyherwits - yeah, I'm with you on this one. Haven't got much sleep this week, though there's not much I can do to steer it away. I hate these things. Every time one of these hurricanes gets close I start thinking of Fran again...and I don't ever want to think of Fran ever again. Really bads memories. I also went through Camille many years ago when we were down in NOLA. That was a nasty one...about like IKE is building up to. Hope Ike gets steered out to the hurricane graveyard. Good luck all, and stay safe.

• aezarien
    15 years ago

I don't think they are expecting much out of Hannah. At this point it is rated as a tropical storm and is expected to stay that way upon landfall. I'm not saying there isn't any danger there but it definitely isn't a Hugo or a Fran.

Ike has weakened and slowed down but at this point that doesn't mean too much. The only thing they can say is if the conditions remain the same it will continue to weaken and stay on a western path rather than curving up toward the east coast. Still watching....

• rosebush
    15 years ago

Hanna doesn't make me nervous like Ike does. . .I went through Andrew in Miami all those years ago, and the early strength of this storm is making me freak out a bit. . .Please, everyone, take the warnings seriously and evacuate if you are told to do so. Stay safe.

• jqpublic
    15 years ago

I am enjoying the rains Hanna has brought us...I'm a little worried she is starting to bomb off the coast in the gulf stream. She may make it back to hurricane strength before landfall.

• DYH
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hanna gave us 5" of rain and no damage at our house.

Ike looks like it really wrecked the islands. It's definitely a scary one to watch for our Gulf Coast friends.

• aezarien
    15 years ago

If you can believe it, we didn't get so much as a drop from Hanna. So sad for those caught up in Ike....

• DYH
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No rain at all from Hanna? WHERE do you live? It's been raining here all day today. Did you get today's rain?

Ike may be a category 4, so I do hope the Gulf Coast folks will evacuate in plenty of time.

• aezarien
    15 years ago

I'm in Shelby which is about an hour away from Asheville. We did get yesterday's rain though.

• lsst
    15 years ago

We got no rain from Hannah.:(

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?