Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gypsy_nc

Help! I have made a mess.

Gypsy_NC
12 years ago

This is probably cheating but I am desperate. I have researched until my fingers have turned blue wth no results. While there is a forum directly related there are very few postings (one of mine from August of last year is still showing on the first page)and I am hoping that this will be OK because the plants in question are growing in Wake Forest!

I have 2 arborvitaes planted beside my front porch. They got huge (took over front steps, higher than the house) and my husband and I finally decided to try to do something with them before we had to completely take them out. I wanted to try to spiral them - I have some experience with topiary but this is extreme. We cut the trees back by half and tied the trunks (7-9) together. The trunks are visible at the top. When I look out my kitchen window I see bare trunks tied together at the top with greenery around. I have begun to trim them back heavily but I don't know where to go from here. My idea was to try to shape them & then do a spiral. They look terrible. Any help would be very appreciated - again sorry for asking on what is probably not exacly the right forum. As many people love topiary - you would think it would be hopping. At lease I can see my front porch again!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm