Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
asimina76

Looking for suggestions for sources of native trees

Asimina76
11 years ago

Hi, and thank you for reading. I have been scouring the internet for sources for native trees. Many internet retailers have high numbers of complaints. So far, my best choices seem to be Nature Hills Nursery and Willis Orchards. Some of the species I want are hard to come by, and I have had to create an order from each of these sites to get all of them (neither one had everything I wanted).

The species I want are: Shagbark Hickory, Kentucky Coffee Tree, Northern Catalpa.

I want to get the largest ones I can, but I'm flexible. Some of these are more widely available as 1'-3' seedlings, but I really want to get big ones to get a jump start on their growth. The Kentucky Coffee Tree is especially hard to get a hold of.

I'm also hoping to find the following trees for planting this year, but they are lower priority for now: Allegheny Serviceberry, Umbrella Magnolia, Magnolia grandiflora D.D. Blanchard.

Any leads will be appreciated, and I'd love to be able to buy locally rather than out of state.

Thanks!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Town & Country Pools, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Discover the Best Pool Builder in Virginia, Maryland & DC!