Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
transplanted2scin07

Does anyone still have Daylilies blooming?

If so, what variety? Pics would be great, too. The ones I have are the earlier blooming kinds. I'm looking for something blooming now.

Comments (8)

• dellare
    15 years ago

I just purchased "Black Stockings" and that bloomed yesterday. Don't know if it is a true rebloomer or not. Autumn Minaret just finished blooming last week. I really love that one. Those were new too, planted in August from a local daylily nursery, I think they are one of the latest blooming hemerocallis. Daylilies have done well in my sand planted these past few years even with the drought and I have been planting heavily with them this late summer. I also noticed looking at all the spring pictures of gardens that iris do incredibly well (late frosts notwithstanding) I think hemerocallis in summer and iris in spring provide so many flowers with so little effort that they must be worth their weight in gold. Adele

• lindakimy
    15 years ago

My Stella D'Oros are, as always, reblooming - not nearly as many blossoms as early in summer. Many people have gotten tired of the Stellas because they have become so common and that bright yellow can be hard to integrate into a bed. But they sure are dependable and at this time of year I am grateful when anything blooms.

• shari1332
    15 years ago

I only have one named daylily reblooming now- Siloam Double Success. I also have 2 unregistered seedlings reblooming. I think that rebloom this late in the season here is pretty much hit and miss depending on conditions. The most important one being regular, consistent watering. In other words what reblooms for me this year may never rebloom for you or me again- at least not in September.

• transplanted2scin07
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Black Stockings is gorgeous and I liked the looks of Autumn Minaret that I found on Google Images, too.
    I wasn't looking specifically for rebloomers, just late bloomers.
    I agree about the Stella D'oro, it is becoming too common and the color is difficult to fit into other color schemes. It's never been a favorite of mine.
    I couldn't find Double Success.
    I saw what looked like a double orange one blooming in someone else's yard a couple of days ago. Maybe this is what's called a "pass along" daylily?

• DYH
    15 years ago

Yes, my Happy Returns have bloomed great this summer and still going. Pale yellow.

Cameron

• blueangel
    15 years ago

transplanted2scin07
    here is a link for
    Siloam Double Success
    a beautiful daylily
    www.tsflowers.com/daylilies/html/siloam_double_classic2.html
    Blueangel

• shari1332
    15 years ago

The reason I mentioned rebloomimg is because August is "late" bloom season in the Carolinas. I would recommend scanning the price lists of some daylily growers online- make a list of La-late VL- very late and with re at the end even better. Then go to Tinker's Garden daylily database and look them up to see if you like the way they look. I wish I could give you an easy answer but I haven't been an enthusiast long enough to know what will consistently bloom this late here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Autumn Jewels

• dellare
    15 years ago

I have been told that Autumn Minaret is one of the latest blooming. It starts in August but can carry on for a long while since it holds many buds on each stem. There is probably a term for this but I don't know what it is. Autumn Minaret is an old variety and has been around for a long time. It is very tall (anywhere from 3-5 feet) and graceful which only adds to its allure. I just planted this one so I don't know how it will continually perform. The daylily farm I got them from does no supplemental watering so they are tried and true in this area. It is also my understanding that sufficient rain has alot to do with reblooming and even a reblooming variety will not perform well if it doesn't get sufficient moisture. Adele