Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
freak65candy

oikos tree crops

freak65candy
18 years ago

Has anybody ever had a bad deal with Oikos Tree Crops out of Michigan??It seems like it took them forever to get my product out and now UPS is giving me the run around on delivery.What can brown do for you?Give you the damned runaround,that's what!!!Any feedback appreciated.

Comments (8)

• Claire Pickett
    18 years ago

Hey, Freak65, looks like none of us have done business with your tree company. I just looked up their rating on Garden Watchdog and they've got a 100% approval rating (lots better than GWB--note to self: shush, claire, you know you get in trouble when you talk politics and religion!!!)

Anywho, maybe it's "brown" that's doing you wrong...more power to you in getting to the bottom of the problem...gardening consumers unite!!!

claire in sanford

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Watchdog

• jeffahayes
    18 years ago

I'd be careful how much and how I went about messing with "Big Brown."

From what I heard back in my personal dark ages, when I was a janitor at a truckstop (1977), a substantial portion of their ownership could be traced to parts of New York and New Jersey, courtesy of Paloma, Sicily, if you get my drift.

And brown rhymes with ground, which is where certain types of business people tend to put those with whom they have unresolvable conflicts... or so the popular mythology goes... Personally, I hope not to find out firsthand :-P

Good luck!
    Jeff

• lucky_p
    18 years ago

Freak,
    I've been ordering stuff from OIKOS for nearly 10 year now, and have never had a problem - other than it seems like forever until the new catalog comes out each year.
    I'd say a high customer satisfaction rating is well-deserved.
    Hang in there; you've still got plenty of time to get stuff planted before winter sets in.
    Ken's got stuff you can't find anywhere else. Plants are usually pretty small(but so are the prices), but they transplant and grow just fine.

• jqpublic
    16 years ago

so what is the timeframe of getting plants. I ordered tuesday morning...so would friday seem like a stretch. They say 1-3 days for midwest and northeast so I don't think it would take to long to get something here? How long will it take?

• coorscat
    16 years ago

JQ: All you need to do is call them and ask for the UPS tracking number. Then call 1-800-PICK-UPS or go to their webstite at ups.com and enter the tracking number. It will show what day your order actually shipped and what day it should arrive. Don't assume that because you ordered on Tuesday they shipped on Tuesday. I am in the internet sales business, and UPS beats the pants off of those other ground services for customer service. All you need is that tracking number. Good luck and happy planting

• jqpublic
    16 years ago

Woo Hoo! To my surprise they arrived today. Thanks for the advice Coorscat...it was just that on the website it made it look like they hadn't done anything after I sent in the order, but I guess they just don't update it. I was very pleased with their service. Haven't opened the box yet...but will in a moment. Got 2 shagbarks and 2 southern pecans :)

• outdoorsman68
    15 years ago

The company missed filling my order in spring 07, I contacted them wondrering why I never received it and it was then too late to ship. They apologized for their screwup and said they wouild have to ship in fall 07. I said cancel it and i would make a trip their in the fall to pick up some larger trees and maybe different varieties that Ken recommended. ken said he would keep my order for reference. In september 07 my spring order I had cancelled was shipped. I notified them I had cancelled and wasn't planning on coming down until late fall. I agreed to give the plants they shipped a try but expressed my concerns since it was above 80 degrees and the plants were very green. the company told me they would just drop the leaves and grow new leaves. I again called in Spring of 08 and told them there were no signs of buds or leaves. They said wait until Fall and see what happens. I was hesitant but decided I would give them every opportunity. none of my order ever survived but one from a Tennessee company did that was planted at a different time but in the same area. I called this fall and they said they couldn't help me because I waited so long. I explained they screwed up twice and I gave them the benefit of the doubt. The lady said to email them so I did and that was a week ago. I have heard nothing. This has got to be the worst customer service I have ever experineced. I hate to give any one bad feedback but these people simply act like they don't care!

• jqpublic
    15 years ago

Wow...I had such a great experience with them...they were so generous as well. Sorry you didn't experience that! They answered my emails so quickly as well. :(

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm