Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwannouncements

GardenWeb needs your feedback!

gwannouncements
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, we've been sprucing up the site a bit. Among other things, we've added new ways to upload photos and email notifications of post replies. We are still cleaning out cobwebs and weeding some areas of the site, but we are also working on some bigger projects like a better search engine (yay!) and a mobile app. We'd also like to get some feedback from you. What enhancements or additions would you like to see? What do you love? What do you hate? Think big and small!

We can't promise the moon, but please know that we will read and consider every one of your ideas and suggestions. We appreciate your loyalty and dedication to our site and we know how important your community is to you. Help us make it even better!

Please use this post to offer your feedback. But, as always, you are welcome to contact me directly by clicking on my profile page.

Best regards,

Tamara Amey

GardenWeb Community Manager

Comments (6)

• dottie_in_charlotte
    11 years ago

Yes, this long-time user would like a means to report mis-use of thread posts for unrelated advertising and offensive off-topic posts.

I'd also like GardenWeb to create some highlighting identification of aged posts people pick up off Google/websites so we don't have to search for original date of the thread.

It would be helpful to anchor the Where are You thread topics to the top of the Conversations forum for easy reference.

I hate the pop-up ads tied to keywords.

I hate that the on-screen ads often strobe as their programs fight my pop-up blockers.

• carol23_gw
    11 years ago

Dottie, there is a Contact Us at the bottom of the page in the green shaded area. You can report abuse of forums there.

I don't see any pop ups at all with Adblockplus for Firefox browser.

• trianglejohn
    11 years ago

We need to be able to provide a business name when someone posts a thread looking for something. The rules seem relaxed now but years ago you would get punished if you included a business name in your response. I understand the need for advertizing dollars but a lot of people come to Garden Web looking for a specific gardening tool or plant and we have no way to tell them unless we appeal to them to contact us privately.

• gwannouncements
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi everyone!

You asked and we listened. Today we are very excited to be debuting our newest feature -- post editing! To use this feature, go back to the post you wish to correct and you'll find the link under the 'My Clippings' links on the right side of the page.

I want to give a special shout out to all the testers who tried to break the editing tool. ;) Your feedback was insightful and invaluable. Thank you!

You may have also noticed that we adjusted the login cookie awhile back so that you should not have to login repeatedly.

Stay tuned -- we have more cool things in the works!

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    Tamara

• deansbooboo
    11 years ago

I'd also like GardenWeb to create some highlighting identification of aged posts people pick up off Google/websites so we don't have to search for original date of the thread. Being new to this, I have a problem when I try to find current threads... like : round robins, seeds exchanges, cutting trades, etc.... I start reading a post(after I click a topic - thread I am interested in...) only to find out it is very, very, VERY old! Like this one!

• PRO
    Lavoie Boho
    11 years ago

Please offer us a blogging option for saving a pictorial garden tour of our gardens with captions. I cannot locate one online that is easy to use and doesnt fight with me to get the job done. I just want a permanent link to my garden pics. Thanks.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?