Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Centella Asiatica

Posted by jdbheartease 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 16, 09 at 8:54

I got a Centella Asisatica at the High Point Swap and was just wandering if this plant is winter hardy? It's a tasty little plant. Does anyone use it for medicinal properties?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Centella Asiatica

I haven't grown it, but I believe it's hardy zones 7-11.

o

torajima - Thank you for your response. I have it planted in a larger pot sitting next to the house. Has very neat foilage and tasty leaves. jdbheartease

o

My experience with centella/Gotu Kola in zone 7 is that it DOES NOT overwinter. Hope you see this before the upcoming cold of this weekend. It is pretty amenable to living indoors for the winter, so take it in. It's a shallow rooted plant, so doesn't need a deep pot.

o

If it's still living - I'll bring it in. Thanks for the info.

o

Hi I am from Burma. We use a lot of Gotu kola in every meal. We eat just as is or we make salad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here