Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Raleigh Gardeners

Posted by linda_jo 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 2, 11 at 13:41

I usually hang out at the Wintersowing forum. Do any of you in Ral wintersow? This will be my second year. Do you ever visit each other's gardens? I see I missed the plant swap. I kept a lookout for an announcement but missed it. Was it posted on a calendar somewhere? Does anyone here do a seed swap? Would love to see other gardens and meet other local gardeners.

Linda Jo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Raleigh Gardeners

Linda Jo - The Raleigh Swaps are posted over on the 'Exchanges' sub-forum here on Carolina Gardening Forum. Sometimes it gets a heads up message on the main forum, sometimes it doesn't. We sometimes have a winter seed & bulb swap - it all depends on the interest level. These last two summers have been brutal weather wise so the swaps have been low turnout. I imagine that once the weather turns around things will pick up.

I only wintersow in a minor way. I got tired of dealing with a million seedlings in the spring and my garden is pretty full. Right now I only have two flats of delphinium seeds outside along with a few oddball fruit seeds that need a chill period.

o

Thanks John. I will keep a lookout for swaps/events.

Linda Jo

o

I think that lots of folks here wintersow. I know that Tammy and I used to. I didn't last year, but I will this year. I am interested in a seed swap in January.

o

I never got around to it last year, either. Hoping to this go round. Seed swap in Jan sounds good to me. I don't think we had one last yr did we??

o

I would be interested in a seed swap. I have some interesting seeds from my travel in India.

Jeri
Garner, NC

o

Me too. I've lived in the triangle for four yrs and am now finally not travelling all the time and am looking to link into the gardening community here.

o

Seed swap is Jan 28. Check exchange forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here