Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anymore rain anyone??

Posted by fedup321 7 NC (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 12, 09 at 23:41

After 5.2 inches in my area I think it has finally gone..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anymore rain anyone??

We had slightly more than that, I think. Our basement had a small leak...first in 24 years. The lake has overflowed its banks more than I have ever seen. My container down there with all the bog plants is totally under water, but at least the metal sculpture there did not float away ... and the ducks that live on the lake survived.

It will be interesting to see what plants return and if any actually thrive since this is the first time in many years that we achieved (and overshot) our original waterline at the lake. I had started planting some things out in the edge, thinking that the lake would never get to its high point. Well...that is what I get for thinking!!

o

At our house in SC we had 4.44 inches of rain in a 24 hour period.
This was the most rain in 24 hours we have had in 5 years.

o

7.87 inches for us in/near Greenville NC

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here