Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for Wintersweet shrub

Posted by vicjg 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 8, 08 at 15:49

Help, I am looking to buy a Wintersweet shrub and no one seems to carry it. I live near Durham and Have looked into Page Rd.Garden Center and Niche Gardens. Anybody out there know a provider? thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for Wintersweet shrub

You might check with Durham Garden Center (384-7526).

o

I know of three highly reputable mail order nurseries that supply wintersweet (_Chimonanthus praecox_): Camellia Forest Nursery in Chapel Hill; Woodlanders in Aiken, SC; and Forest Farm in Williams, OR. You can get to each Website by typing the nusery's name into Google's search box. Each nursery has wintersweet priced under twenty dollars per plant, not including S & H. I order plants from all three nurseries and highly recommend each nursery.

o

You can also go visit Camellia Forest. I don't know if he has any regular hours but we called and he showed us around and then let us shop. He has a small but crazy assortment of evergreens and conifer that are definately worth checking out if you are in the area. Adele

o

I bought one- a weeping one, no less at cam forest fall before last. really neat place.

o

Camellia Forest is typically open on Saturdays all through the winter and spring.

o

thanks all, looks like Cam.forest is perfect!

o

If nothing pans out, they usually have them at the NCSU plant sale in the spring and fall. That's where I got mine. Oddly enough, it's begun to bloom already this year...I was thinking it's usually February.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here