Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bugbite_gw

Free -Five great marigolds

bugbite
12 years ago

Hi,

I am retired and gardening is my hobby.

I am always searching for new varieties that do well in the summer heat. That led into testing new seed varieties for seed developers. I don't get paid but get some new and interesting seeds free.

This year a seed developer asked me to coordinate a trial of 5 varieties of Marigolds for 2012 (I do this for fun, as a volunteer). These really great marigolds are bred for hot, humid climates like ours. I tried 2 of these this year and the flowers were beautiful. If you are interested in trialing these marigolds, I will send the five varieties to you: free seeds; free postage.

I set up a simple little web site (provided by Google) where you will have a page to periodically post brief updates about your results. I set this site up to make things easier for all, since we will have about 15 of us gardeners doing this trial.

An example on one of the marigolds is in the link below. All varieties have big beautiful full blooms like in the picture. Most of these 5 varieties are currently primarily used for commercial flower production.

You will get plenty of seeds, but should have enough room to grow at least 4-5 plants of each.

Sure would like to have a couple of gardeners from the Carolinas take part in this marigold trial.

If you are interested please email me at:

marigolds2012@gmail.com

Thanks,

Bob

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:369722}}

Comment (1)

• bugbite
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the responses. We now have our test gardeners. This post in closed. Thank you.