Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
citrus

Posted by Milo56 7 MA (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 10:22

Ordered a meyer lemon from South Carolina,received broken package during cold weather in MA. Tree arrived potted in 1/2 gal.black plastic pot.I re-pot tree in bigger pot the same day.Tree already look sad.The next day all the lives where DRY.I call the company,they told me the lives wheel come back in 2to 3 weeks.Is it there a chance for this lemon tree? If it is how to treat this situation? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: citrus

We'd love to help you, Milo, but we don't have enough information to know just how bad the situation might be. Is there any chance that you could take some pictures to let us see this plant?

o

Personally, I would ask the company for a replacement (send fotos of how it arrived); or I would ask them for my money back and get another tree in the Spring. It is not really the best time to be planting or repotting citrus. I think you are off to a bad start with a damaged tree. My rule of trees... You are going to have this tree for a long time and make a big investment in time, money and spirit; so start with the best tree you can find. It is kinda like buttoning your shirt... if you get the first button wrong, it doesn't matter how careful you are after that.

o
RE: desperatte meyer lemon

Well a weary sad picture.A 3 ft toll toothpick with a couple small branches 3 to 4 inc long steel looks green, the rest of a plant 1/4 in thick steel looks greenish but absolutely no lives.Lives where all dry over night,10 hr after the tree arrived. The box was damage and left by the FedEx outside on a relatively cold temp. my pond was frozen that day completely.Same day arrived Nules Clementine, tree lost a couple lives the rest of lives steel closing. After re planting both trees the same day thoroughly water them and they got 12 hr of grow light worm 125w.Thanks for your follow-up AL Sincerely Milo

o

Thank you Johnmerr for respond. I call company about situation and being told if three day till spring i will got a replacement.Not before and of march.is it anything to revive those trees quickly? Thanks

o

there's still hope for your trees, just shock from the cold and being in a dark box during the 2-3 days being shipped a few hundred miles.

just keep them warm and give them lots of light, place that light close to the plants for maximum photosynthesis.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here