Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
liamkelly

First (almost ) year of Lisbon lemon from seed

Last February, on a whim, I picked a few seeds out of a lemon that was sitting on my counter, wrapped them in a damp paper towel, and put them under a heat lamp to sprout. The little sprout in the photo was the first to shoot up, in early March. It was followed by a few others, which I eventually culled because they were weaker growers than the first seedling. The tree loved the summer weather last year, and it grew like crazy! Oddly enough, it quadrupled its height in the window of my dormitory, and now I've had to pinch the apical bud in order to keep the main stem from getting too tall for my means. I also hope that the auxiliary buds will send out some more branches once the days get long enough.

I'm new to this forum, this is my first post. I just want to get myself going here because I've seen how it's been a great resource for other citrus growers, and I want a slice of that too! I'm proud of my little lemon tree, I'm going to follow up with a picture of the tree today. So, hello everyone!

- Liam

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County