Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eileen_li_gw

Dwarf Meyer and Clementine - fungus gnats!

eileen_li
10 years ago

I'm hoping someone can help me. For Christmas 2012, I gave each of my children a citrus tree that we potted: a dwarf Meyer Lemon and a Clementine. When the weather got warm, we put them outside. When cold weather began to arrive, I moved them back inside but didn't do anything special other than carrying them in the house - should I have done something? Right now they are situated in front of south facing windows in my living room. Recently we began noticing tiny black flies. Now they are all over the house. Yuck. I sprayed the trees with castile soap/water/vegetable oil combination. I have NOT overwatered the trees at all - in fact the soil is dry as a bone and I think the trees are thirsty but I am afraid to water. I won't use chemicals to treat the gnats. Any other ideas? We left apple cider vineger in jars but no flies were captured. I even considered putting the trees outside overnight to see if it kills the gnats, but am afraid of killing the trees. (It was a whopping 1 degree F here on Long Island last night.) Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks-

Comments (2)