Return to the Citrus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dwarf Improved Meyer Lemon Tree in South Florida

Posted by g8rgrl FL (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 28, 12 at 16:56

Hello. I am new to the forum. Does anyone know where I can buy a dwarf Improved Meyer Lemon tree in South Florida? I want one small enough to grow on my patio so I can maintain it and access the fruit easily. My local nursery has them but they are full-size. They told me the full-size ones they have will grow to 15 feet. That is too large for my needs. Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dwarf Improved Meyer Lemon Tree in South Florida

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 30, 12 at 16:00

you could train it to be dwarf. regular root and top growth pruning will keep it small. Basically like how bonsai growers keep normally huge trees small. Even dwarf trees can become pretty big if left alone.

im sure someone knows where to find meyers on dwarf rootstock.

Mike

o
RE: Dwarf Improved Meyer Lemon Tree in South Florida

Look for Bambu Rabbit on this site and send him an email; I'm sure if anyone knows, he will know. Rabbit is a bit of a curmudgeon; but you can live with that if you know in advance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Citrus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here