Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chefricky

Blossom drop enigma

chefricky
10 years ago

I have a improved meyer lemon tree that is 3+ yrs old. It is outdoors all spring and summer and wintered indoors with a south facing window.
Additionally, it is suplimented with a 4' 4 bulb t5 fixture that I have on a timer for an additional 6 hrs of light. Last Dec. 2012 I managed to harvest its first fruit. It was only 4 lemons but they were large and very tasty. Last winter, around the middle of Jan 2013, the tree was in a different location that did not have any natural sunlight and only the aformentioned light fixture over it. It started dropping leaves like crazy.
I moved it outdoors in the spring of 2013 and it grew very well while filling out new foliage and lots of new wood.
This past fall around the end on October I moved it indoors. It was showing lots of blossoms about to bloom when I did so. Since then, It bloomed at least a couple of hundred flowers. It was looking perfect and I hand polinated it with an artists brush. I was excited about seeing little lemons popping out. Now, all the flowers are falling off.
Other than that, The leaves are healthy, and I am keeping it fed with
Foliage Pro 9-3-6. And oh, it is in a 25 gal.container and it is 4.5 feet tall. Please give your opinions and sorry about the long post.

Comments (2)